Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sans Allison

So today is the first day without Allison who is back in New York and at work. Trinidad and Tobago is definitely not the same.

I started the day off with diving with Niall and Rhian who are Ryan's cousins and Chris, Ryan's friend. We got picked up by the diveshop and headed to the Maverick which is a wreck dive. It was a car ferry that was deliberately sunk in 1996 to create an artificial reef. We saw turtles, octopus, and all sorts of fish as we entered the car park area. Below the ferry, we also saw a cobia fish that looked like a shark.

This was my deepest dive yet as we went down about 95 feet. I was sucking my air as I was a little nervous and had to ascend earlier than the others. Niall and Rhian are certified instructors with about 1,000 dives each.

At our second dive, we did a drift dive where you flow with the current and we float along Flying Reef. Here we saw rays, barracuda, turtles, lobster, and even a nurse shark! This was my second shark siting, the first being in Bali.

After our dives, I headed back to my villa and ordered villa service. I had a yummy chicken roti that got my hands all yellow but was so good. I ended up napping and reading all day, soaking in as much of the villa/infinity pool I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment