So, I'm feeling pretty lucky. I went to Brazil in May and Argentina and Chile January last year. Although I hadn't really planned to go on a 2nd international trip this year, when Jamie said she was dying to go to Peru, I was IN.
Jamie and I started planning in May as soon as I got back from Brazil. We are doing the classic "gringo trail" which includes Arequipa, Puno, Cusco, and of course Machu Picchu!
Throughout our planning, we shared our itinerary with many of our friends as we were operating under "the more, the merrier" concept. Jamie and I became fast friends back in 2007 through volunteering with the Inner-City Scholarship Fund. Jamie's colleague from 2 different companies, Mary Ann, will be traveling with us for the 1st week. The 4th in the group is Caitlin, a friend from my legendary Zog football team, Sweep the Leg. Caitlin has traveled with me before to Montreal and is accustomed to and appreciates my travel booking / spreadsheet / blogging skills!
We all made our way to JFK to catch our close to midnight flight that will get us to Lima by about 7 am. We then have a layover for about 2 hours before our flight to Cusco.
It's been a busy week with the quarter close, 2 wakes, packing, and general running around. But after a busy summer and lots of work, I'm psyched to be away, out of the country, and practicing my Spanish!
We have all taken our altitude sickness pills and are waiting for our flight. We all can't believe the day is finally here and we can't wait to be in Peru!
No comments:
Post a Comment