Friday, October 31, 2014

European Hat Trick

So I hadn't been back to Europe since high school, yet in this one year, 16 years later, I managed to go to Europe three times! Spain in May, London in July, and now this vacation! On this adventure I'll be in Amsterdam, Belgium, and then meeting friends in Paris. All spanning two weeks on my mini-Sabbatical!

I woke up this morning and made it to my gym class. My nephew and I had H&H bagels with lox and he walked me to the subway. I didn't have to wait for the 6, E, or AirTrain trains. I was at my gate in record time - under 90 minutes door to door. 

I transfer in DC to go to Amsterdam. I originally needed about 200 miles to make Silver and it was cheaper to take this flight. Who knew I was going to squeeze in a last minute trip to Korea, which now makes the DC layover moot. 

Nonetheless, I have 2 weeks to explore and relax in Europe. I've never done such little research for a trip - the last 3 months have been hectic, emotional, and a whirlwind. But I think this is good for me to travel a bit unplanned, as the world is literally my oyster!

No comments:

Post a Comment