Our first dive was at Ghost Mountain. Apparently the conditions are rare we can actually dive there due to strong currents - it’s at the intersection of where the west and northern corners of the island meet. Our captain, Christian, was super excited and he said it’s usually unbearable the same way the corners in NYC have the strongest winds and traffic.
This may have been one of my deepest dives to date - my dive computer said I went down 93 feet. Ghost Mountain was super cool and we saw all sorts of sea life. One of our divers struggled with his air and being able to drop, he later realized he was having equipment issues, and unfortunately he missed out on the dive.
The second dive was on the north wall, called Lemon Reef. We saw barracudas and many schools of fish. But the most exciting part was that a nurse shark basically followed us and interweaved between all of us the entire time, staying particularly close to our guide, Allen. All the divers were super experienced, so they were all carrying elaborate cameras and the shark was definitely playing to the cameras. When we started to ascend, the shark went and laid down underneath a shelf - we all surmised the shark just wanted to hang with us.
After our dives, they dropped us off on the northern part of the island at the yacht club. Here are some photos of the water while returning to land:
After settling up at the dive shop, I was dropped off at the same place where Burger Shack was located and went to Al La Kebab for a gyro pita sandwich. Mikey said it was delicious and indeed it was!
After digesting my lunch back at the condo, I headed to the beach and napped. This time I didn’t walk up Seven Mile Beach as much and hung out by some trees.
Like yesterday, I returned to the pool where I rinsed off the sand. We all spotted a pirate ship that was part of the Pirate Week festival down here:
Mikey returned from work and we ended up at one of his favorite restaurants, Agave, which is Mexican. I had a delicious mule drink, and we shared guacamole, red snapper ceviche, pork knuckle tacos, and a chorizo burrito. For dessert, we had fried ice cream. The service was great and I really enjoyed our meal.
We returned to the condo and tried to watch some TV, but fell asleep. The sun and heat definitely tire you out!
No comments:
Post a Comment