Thursday, March 28, 2019

Conch’ed

Back in December, JetBlue had a flash 24 - 48 hour sale and since Mikey said I could come down anytime, I’m back in the Cayman Islands! After waking up at 4:30 am, I landed in Grand Cayman after a quick direct flight. You’ll remember last time I transferred in Miami, so although I don’t have status on JetBlue, the $300 direct and round trip fare is a steal!

At the airport, I noticed a royal airforce plane and Mikey reminded me Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were visiting from the United Kingdom! Mikey picked me up from the airport after long lines in immigration and headed back to his place at Crescent Point on Seven Mile beach. Since I was last here in November, he has started to renovate and refurnish his condo. I can’t wait to see it all done which means I’ll have to come back!

For lunch, we went to Macabuca which is right next to the Cracked Conch (we had eaten here last time). We enjoyed curry and a fish sandwich with some punch and it was particularly very busy compared to November. Mikey said it was busy due to the various spring breaks in the United States and families on vacation.

Here are a few photos of the water and the bar:




Afterwards we ran errands at the grocery and wine store, hence the wine in the cup holders!



Back at home, I napped deeply for several hours - I must have been tired from the early morning wake up call, drinks, and warm sun! Mikey woke me up and prepared glasses of rosé and we walked down to the beach to watch the sunset, pictured below:


From our grocery store visit, Mikey prepared hamburgers which we grilled outside under the Caribbean stars and then ate on his screened-in terrace, all pictured below:






We enjoyed macadamia cookies and relaxed in his apartment until we fell asleep watching the funny show “Friends from College” which we are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment