A slow start to the morning, I was in no rush as my flight was delayed about 90 minutes. Apparently there were some system issues in the United States that grounded many flights.
Mikey and I went to icoa for breakfast where I had avocado toast and green juice. We ran an errand and then Mikey waited for me to pick up my boarding pass and dropped me off at the nearby Georgetown Yacht Club which has airport shuttles and WiFi. I checked emails and had an early lunch of their delicious shrimp curry and naan, so I could be sustained for the rest of the day and my potential further delays.
I was at the airport after my lunch with no problem and we arrived in New York about an hour late and 40 degrees colder. Brrr, it was so cold and a shock to my system!
My flight delay was the only snafu as I had such a wonderful weekend catching up with Mikey who is such a gracious host! It was so fun to meet his friends and since we can laze about together all weekend and as necessary! Can’t wait until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment