What is a trip to Costa Rica without some zip lining?! Marie had booked us at El Santuario Canopy which had a crew of awesome guys who made us feel very safe. After our hotel breakfast, we waited for our transport which took us about 45 minutes away.
The crew of 4 guys or so were jokesters too and they had great energy. It was 9 of us as participants and we were all pretty efficient navigating each station. We were also all from America except for some Israeli sisters, one in a tube top no less. In summary from the website:
The adventure tour features Central America’s most impressive zip line at over 4,300 feet (yes over 8/10 of a mile!), 14 tree platforms, six hanging bridges, three nature walks, one double belay rappel, and 10 double-anchored zip lines, totaling over 3.6 kilometers in length.
We didn’t have to brake ourselves which was a relief and the views were great. They had someone take professional photos and we’re waiting for access to the photo website. This allowed us to focus on the safety and especially since some tree platforms were a bit small. At points, we were zipping up to 60 miles an hour over the canopies!
But in the meantime, here’s a selfie after getting suited up and yes, I asked for child-sized gloves:

We both finished the entire adventure course despite not feeling a 100% - I think I got motion sickness from navigating the bridges and walkways. So when we returned to our hotel, we rested by the pool and I napped quite a bit.
For dinner, we headed to Rico Tico Jungle Grill which was in a lovely family resort. I forgot to take a picture of my salad, but here’s my tomato soup:
As it started to rain, we called a taxi that took us back to the hotel and eagerly await the zip lining photos. Check back later to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment