Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Revenge Travel

2022 has been the year of “revenge travel” as the media is calling it. Life has come back with a vengeance this year in all sorts of ways - socializing, traveling, and back to some pre-pandemic norms. 

I am no different and although exhausted from work and the return to socialization, I am visiting my third new country this year (when I usually hit one or two) and my 35th country.

Mikey, Rachel, and I had planned to celebrate turning 40 last year over Veterans Day weekend and it got pushed to this year. The general plan was somewhere in America (possibly Montreal) or being hosted by Mikey in the Cayman Islands. But with Rachel’s recent move to Denmark, we have decided to meet up in Copenhagen! 

And this time William, Mikey’s husband is joining us for our adventures and will be a part of the blog for the first time - a treat as one of my top 5 readers!

Mikey and William so happened to be in JFK and we probably could have planned a meet up before our respective flights. But in squeezing out that one last email, I was cutting it pretty close considering NYC traffic and in my rush, managed to leave my iPad at home (so blogging will all be on mobile). While waiting only 5-10 minutes before boarding (was definitely cutting it close for an international flight), I chatted with Mikey via texts - a screenshot below:


I cannot wait to reunite as I haven’t seen Mikey since Cayman in March of 2019 and of course see Rachel in another new country where she will teach us many things.

Some nostalgia from the past and looking to add to the collection…

Israel 2007

India 2009

Paris 2014

Denver 2017

Can’t wait for what comes next….

No comments:

Post a Comment