At the gate, I probably had the most exhaustive screening of my life. For whatever reason, my stuff was flagged and my items had to go through the machine several times. They separated my umbrella, sunglasses, and of course all my electronics. Actually my electronics went through several times as I had taken them out, but not realizing I was getting another screen, had put them back in the bags to only have them segregated and screened again. I had a detailed pat down and waited while all my items were scrutinized. They even fanned my books as I sat along the wall.
For someone who travels all the time, it was a bit of a surprise, but I just sat and admired my own packing skills and how easily I was able to repack all my belongings across 6 trays from the re-screens. I also think the screener was new as someone was coaching her.
I was sad to learn, although I had purchased Comfort Plus, my flight wasn’t upgradable. But the flight home was smooth, and I took public transit from the airport fearful of the holiday weekend traffic and hit my transfers perfectly. From runway to apartment, it was just about 80 minutes.
These last 4 nights were restorative as we had wonderful quality time enjoying meals and relaxing in the apartment. It was a great weekend and I’m so grateful to have been invited and by friends who know me so well. So until next time, look forward to more adventures for us all as I continue to be the youngest!
I'm the oldest. LOL.
ReplyDelete