


I also did some walking…

Anne took some dips:

And my mom rested, but I didn’t manage to get a picture of her. We had early reservations near Tulum Beach, and due to the speed bumps, traffic for the electronic music festival, and the one road, we budgeted about an hour. So here’s my mom ready for dinner off-resort by the pretty flowers in front of our room:

We arrived at Arca which was highly recommended not only for its food, but for its cocktails. You could smell the food in the lively restaurant while we were instructed to join the WiFi and get ready to order at the entrance. Anne and I coincidentally wore white dresses while my mom rocked her white pants!

The dishes are meant to be shared and we delighted in scallop crudo, broccolini, soft shell crab tacos, smoked trout tostada, pork, prawns, sea bass, and a cacao dessert:

Then we hopped into a cab and returned to our hotel much quicker - indeed it’s only 20 miles but takes about 45 minutes to get to, but the return was closer to 30. I wish I had taken a photo of the liveliness of the beach side town which was backpackery, but looked fun and spirited. Well, we’ll see it again on Monday when we return to try another notable restaurant and as Mama Kim says, “this is fun!”
No comments:
Post a Comment