Friday, April 24, 2026

By Air, Land, and Sea

The morning views as I walked downhill to the gym:









And from the treadmill:



We had a leisurely breakfast which we opted to have in the restaurant instead of our balcony. Photo credit to Mama Kim:



We relaxed and sunbathed until our late checkout until 2ish and headed to the airport for our 4:30ish flight. The flight is just ~30 minutes to Athens and upon arrival, our terminal bus passed a lot of fancy cars and a press corps on our way to the gate. A local let us know French President Macron was arriving and our driver was a little delayed due to a police checkpoint.

He eventually dropped us off at Academias Hotel. I had picked a different hotel in order to mix things up for our second weekend in Athens. Here’s a rooftop view of the Acropolis:



Originally, I had reservations earlier as our cruise would have returned us around 8 am, but in trying soak in Santorini and afternoon flight, I was able to push back our reservation at Cookoovaya. We shared sea bream carpaccio and a cheese pie, and for mains we had lamp chops, skirt steak, and grouper and a peach tart for dessert:



I’m grateful we have successful traveled these last 5 days in having to call an audible on our canceled cruise. With planes to and from the islands, car rental in Crete, and ferry from Crete to Santorini, I told my family we have conquered Greece by air, land, and sea!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete