
With friends recently having bought a condo in Honolulu on the island of Oahu, I had planned for months to come visit before a colleague’s wedding in Maui over Labor Day weekend. As such, a group of us coordinated our schedules and came from NYC and Singapore and are spending about 2 weeks together!
So after a transfer in Minneapolis and flying 13 hours, I landed in Honolulu where I was greeted by 7 friends piled into a Turo minivan and beautiful lei garland that was wonderfully fragrant. A selfie from the minivan below:

After some nice commentary about the area on our drive, we came back to the beautiful condo! I enjoyed a quick spin in the bodyfriend massage chair endorsed by BTS and showered to get ready to meet my cousin.
That’s right, my cousin coincidentally has been here for two weeks and we overlap only one night! So after a quick tour of his condo, we went to dinner at Maru Sushi which specializes in edomae or more traditional sushi, and enjoyed coffees on his lanai watching the sunset:
We forgot to take a picture together, so here’s another throwback photo of my cousin and brother in Korea:

Then I returned back to my friends’ condo for some rosé wine and some Netflix comedy. What a day of easy travel, wonderful dining, and feeling blessed to come back and see family and friends (and their real estate) in beautiful Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment