We also learned how to make texting stickers and a series was made using photos of Baro, our favorite corgi. As such, I say mahalo, or thank you in Hawaiian the only way I know how:

The morning started off with a final beach and pool dip. The beach was surprisingly warm and we found a heart shaped rock which we would only take a picture of as it is bad luck to take any rocks or stones from the island:

Baro and Team Musubi packed up the two cars and got ready to leave the Westin Nanea:



After dropping off half the team at the airport terminal and saying our goodbyes, I had scored a waitlist reservation at Mama’s Fish House which was about 20 minutes eastward. It had been recommended by several people and we had driven by it on our Road to Hana trek. The food was delicious and pricy, but I could see why people wait 6-8 months for a reservation.
Lunch included a broccolini and asparagus bisque amuse-bouche and I ordered Hawaiian Kanpachi which is like an amberjack in a macadamia nut crust and Tristan Island Lobster. For dessert, I had their famous warm banana macadamia nut crisp:
After lunch, I headed back to Lahaina and past the Westin. As my check-in wasn’t for a few hours and I could use some steps to work off the calories, I had sought out the Kapalua Costal Trail which is about 2.5 miles roundtrip:
It was pretty humid as it had rained intermittently. Good thing I had my new Hawaiian sweat towel!
Parts of the trail were very scenic and weaves through a seabird nesting area, so dogs are not permitted…
But parts of the trail weaves in and out of development areas, so the path is paved and many resort guests lounging around:
After the super easy hike, I had exceeded 11,000 steps so I felt very accomplished and headed to the Ritz Carlton to start the wedding festivity portion of the trip. I settled in and rested before the welcome dinner at FOND, a restaurant down the road where I showed up fashionably late. The bride was concerned I overslept from a nap, but I was just resting. No worries as I’m excited to celebrate the bride and groom and it’s fun to see my colleagues in Hawaii! We enjoyed the buffet dinner, cocktails, and photo slideshow and seeing the same people we met at the engagement party 8 months ago. But it’s now time to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment