We checked out of our hotel and our SunTransfers pickup came on time. Our drive to the airport was just a little under 30 minutes as we passed the cruise ships and busy port. Luckily all of us were flying out of the same terminal, with my mom, Mary Ann, and I flying to New York and Tresa and Anna returning to Germany.
We said our goodbyes right before passport control as we wanted to stay together as long as possible. Our flights actually boarded at similar times as our international flight was scheduled to leave just an hour after.
What a week of mother and daughter time which was full of laughs, eating, and reflection. I’m so happy we had come up with this idea and made it happen as it was fun to travel as 2 families and getting to know each other a little better. We traveled well together as everyone is so considerate and thoughtful.
It was also fun to spend time with Tresa and Anna again. My mom quickly noticed how happy Anna looks when the sisters are jabbering away. There’s nothing like spending time with family.
It may have seemed like an improbable pairing - folks asked us several times how we knew each other or didn’t presume we were traveling together like when I would hail down a cab and then Mary Ann would be behind me as I circled back to get the others. It’s also one of the reasons why we think we were pulled over at Andorra customs. But it was compatible and similar in many ways with open minds and appreciation for quality time and travel.
Anyone who knows me knows my mom is my best friend and we constantly tease each other and keep each other humble. Mary Ann and Tresa said they’d look for some childhood photos of themselves with their mother, but apparently the humidity in India makes it difficult to maintain. My father, like my grandfather, was an avid photographer, so here’s a few to enjoy….






Our return flight was uneventful. I had actually asked one flight attendant if he was on the flight to Lisbon last week and he informed me he has a twin brother and he was the one working that flight. I thought he was kidding, but he wasn’t and told me I should play the lottery when I land. My mom was surprised how I could notice or remember such a thing. At the airport, my brother picked us up and we had comforting Korean food in Queens as part of our usual routine and as we enjoyed family time talking about such a wonderful trip with a wonderful family!
No comments:
Post a Comment