The airport was super busy, but we managed through with no problems. All day I was hopeful that we wouldn’t have transit issues like at the start of our trip. We transferred in Amsterdam - here’s not-an-exciting photo from the lounge, but I include because we should have been here at the start of the trip.

To NY, we enjoyed our Delta One seats for which my points upgrade was refunded due to our delays into Budapest (a small plus). Our flight out of Amsterdam was only slightly delayed 30 minutes due to waiting for the incoming plane from Boston and allowed us to relax more in the KLM lounge which I surveyed as we transit here in April on our way to Istanbul.
I leave Austria impressed even more with its culture and impact on history and society. I loved Vienna for its cleanliness and accessibility and hope to come back again. Certainly, I have no regrets as we maximized our time here. We definitely got the hang of the mandatory coat checking culture and plethora of chandeliers - there were several even in the airport! In the future, I hope to visit other areas of Austria - several folks were headed to Salzburg after the cruise which I imagine would be lovely.
So Auf Wiedersehen, as I learned from the “Sound of Music” many years ago. But I can’t use “Auf Wiedersehen” as my post title as I used it in 2019 when I departed Germany. So more causally, Bis Bald!
No comments:
Post a Comment