Mama Kim learned about Grand Cayman through her ChatGPT prompts in her computer class and she was excited to hear that it has a beautiful beach. She was excited to get away and her friends expressed envy with all her trips with her daughter.
After transferring in Minneapolis, we arrived on the largest island of the Cayman Islands. We picked up the rental car, navigated the roundabouts with Google Maps on my phone since there’s no CarPlay, and checked in at the Westin on Seven Mile Beach. I picked this hotel for its accessibility and due to my Marriott loyalty. This is the first time I’m staying at a hotel on island - here’s the view from our upgraded room:

Before dinner, we walked around to get our bearings. We enjoyed the cover band poolside and some hot chocolate and a latte, taking advantage of a food and beverage perk that comes along with my status. I also showed my mom how accessible the beach is:


We then drove to Island Naturals at the Grove where we met Mikey and William for a casual dinner. My mom had a bahn mi sandwich and Caribbean soup while I ordered a tasty jerk chicken bowl:

After dinner, I dropped off my mom at the hotel, and then Mikey, William, and I went to the Tasting Room in Camana Bay for some Croatian rosé. The guys love the bar and the wine and I enjoyed it as we caught up and chatted in the cute bar.
I can’t wait to relax the next few days over the holiday weekend and to enjoy some sun despite the rainy forecast!
No comments:
Post a Comment