I had a leisurely morning of playing games and doing puzzles with Taesoon's (태순) twins. Here’s a photo of Yoon-sik (윤식):
We headed out for lunch, but before we went, I did an ear muff selfie with Yoon-ah (윤아):
We had lunch with my 4th uncle's family for some noodles. Here's a collage of the lunch:
Then we came back to Taesoon's (태순) apartment and hung out for the afternoon eating cookies, ice cream, and fruit. I'm sure any weight I lost from walking and exploring the temples in Japan will be regained due to my spoiling hosts!
For dinner, I had plans to eat with my mom's eldest brother and his family. My cousin Taekyu (태규) arranged everything. He picked me up and then we went to his home where we switched to a "hazel brown" car and went to the restaurant. He had explained the catalogue of colors was very specific and his kids had fun learning the color of the new car.
We had a wonderful dinner nearby with many delicious Korean courses. I tried to take photos, but was so enthralled in conversation, I didn't take photos properly. We did enjoy a delicious Cabernet Sauvignon paired with the meal.
Post meal, we headed down to a café where my uncle enjoyed an affogato and we had various types of coffee. My uncle who is eldest and always the leader in the family, was very engaged in conversation and laughed at all my jokes. I kept declaring, I’m now middle-aged and starting to resign to the fact I’ll be 40 in just a few years! Here’s a photo of us at the café:
Then I was dropped off after the scrumptious meal and ran an errand to pick up flowers for the traditional gravesite visit on New Year's Day!
What a relaxing day of catching up family, but I cannot help but reflect on today being the last day of 2017 and what a year it’s been. I bought my apartment after months of waiting and had a wonderful time living with my parents - a time I will never forget as we got to spend quality time together. As far as travels, I went to Iceland, Arizona, an epic Europe trip for my parents' birthdays, back to Arizona for The Wave hike and Utah parks, Japan, and now Korea. And then I had to weigh a job change and go through the roller coaster of emotions and decided to ultimately leave my job. However, I feel that I have cemented some incredible relationships and friendships at my old job and other people in my life - you all know who you are!
All that said and done, 2017 was an unbelievable blessing and will hopefully bring about a pivotal year with a new job and, of course, more trips and adventures! I’m super grateful on this day for family, friends, and all the blessings in my life. Thank you 2017!
No comments:
Post a Comment