
After our leisurely breakfast, I sat poolside as I soaked in some sun and enjoyed the last bit of the Westin. The service has been overall attentive and very convenient to the beach and pool - there’s not a lot of expansive walking that you find in large resorts. We were upgraded and surprised with food and beverage credits, so I was glad I hadn’t booked the higher rack rates. Many colleagues have stayed here and now I can say I have too!

We packed up, returned the rental car, and checked our bags. I showed my mom the shuttle sign for the nearby Georgetown Yacht Club where folks actually wait for their flights - I had done that with Mikey on my last two visits. But we were both still full from breakfast and not interested in drinks.
Our flight to Atlanta was uneventful and we transferred with no issue. It was very cold when we arrived in New York and already missed the Caribbean warmth, albeit fickle weather.
I continue to be committed to an annual resort vacation as I get to travel a lot, but I don’t often get to soak in the sun and rest. As my mom mentioned, she really likes “resort Cynthia” and I appreciated William when he said he likes “all Cynthia”. Investing in the balance of it all and feeling lucky I have the time and resources to do it, the few days away was really refreshing and highly enjoyable with old friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment