Tuesday, January 20, 2026

Finally…

I got texts from William and my industry colleague who is also here, that just said “finally”! The sun has come out and the Caribbean sky could be seen! A selfie of the sky on our morning beach walk:



Relishing our second to the last day, we enjoyed our daily beach walk:





We returned to the hotel to enjoy breakfast and sit poolside. I finally dipped into the ocean, pool, and even jacuzzi. I finished my book and soaked in the warm weather. A picture of the sky from my lounge chair:



Our only agenda for the day was a sunset cruise to see the stingrays in famous Stingray City. I had done this on my first trip to Cayman. Our boat only had about 10 people and we booked with Red Sail Sports. Some snaps of us hanging on the catamaran from William’s and my mom’s points of view:











At the sandbar, you’re able to stand in the middle of ocean where the fishermen used to clean the fish which led to the stingrays crowding for the free meal. The water was unusually choppy, but we all managed:



You can see the stingrays surrounding us as we were instructed to shuffle our feet and not take normal steps in case one is in the sand:



William took these photos from the boat as we held and kissed them for good luck!









We were the only boat out there and I later learned that Gayle King attended the Cayman Cookout and she posted a video of hanging with the stingrays.

After being in the ocean, the crew served us snacks such as sandwiches, fruit skewers, and cookies. We ordered cocktails to enjoy the sunset cruise:







After showering, we had dinner reservations at Tillies. Unfortunately, Mama Kim was feeing nauseous - she thinks the pork sandwich didn’t sit well with her and she opted to stay in and rest.

Tillies was a beautiful setup with greenery and lights everywhere. I ordered the Fish Milanese, Mike had the fried chicken special, and William enjoyed the NY Strip. Our waiter was very detailed and the ambiance was wonderful:





What a wonderful last full day here. It really felt like vacation! Thanks to Mike and William for being wonderful hosts and am grateful for the time they shared with us! I got to try more restaurants and really just enjoy the time catching up and experiencing local Cayman!

No comments:

Post a Comment